For what its worth, here's a collection of thoughts
and links that I hope will help the debate. Enjoy.
- The Game
- Sastra's eloquent chess game analogy.
Answers the question "Why should atheists place
value on life if life itself is so transient?"
A must read.
- A Humanist's Prespective
- Another essay by Sastra explaining a humanist's view of September
11th and the reaction of those around us.
- Sastra's Humanism
- Sastra again eloquently explains what Humanism means in her eyes.
- Four Lights
- An excellent thesis about one man's outlook on our overly theistic world.
A must read.
- 20 Questions, 20 Answers
- Over the years, I've seen many lists of "questions
evolutionists are afraid to answer". Well, I'm not afraid,
so I took one and answered them. Enjoy.
- The Fallacy of the Fool
- The errors inherent in Psalm 14:1 "A fool has said in his heart, 'there is no god'".
My personal collection of writings on the atheism/theism
debate and somewhat on life in general.
Each page also includes a feedback button for reader responses to be posted
with the articles.
index of issues
- Issue 4.2
- More Tall Tales... Would we trust second hand stories written decades after
the event by annoymous authors? Then why do you? (August 2001)
- Issue 4.1
- A little logic game... An interactive example of why god cannot make something
moral nor is he required to tell us what is moral (August 2001)
- Punishment that fits the crime... Lets post the ten commandments..
just make sure to post the punishments too(August 2000)
- Issue 3.6
- more to fear... Americans never cease to amaze me with their
stupidity (February 2000)
- Issue 3.5
- Prayer: Does it work? (January 2000)
- Issue 3.4
- Why I would make a better god than god. With a convenient
check list. (January 2000)
- Issue 3.3
- a little error. Tyre: a thriving modern port... much to Biblical
inerrant's dismay (December 1999)
- Issue 3.2
- How legends grow. We accept tall tales in most places...
but not in our religion... (October 1999)
- Issue 3.1
- What scares
me at night, and Prayer
in Schools, does it work? (October 1999)
- Issue 2.5
- The Empty Tomb issue! First Jesus'
Empty Tomb, then Evidence
that also demands a verdict: Vlad the Impaler's Empty Tomb. (July 1999)
- Issue 2.4
- Holier than thou,
are xtians more moral than atheists? (June 1999)
- Issue 2.3
- A Funny Quote
I heard and the 1500 year question
- Issue 2.2
Deity? and Apologetics
(October 1998 again!)
- Issue 2.1
- Why so scared?
(October 1998, yes more than a year since issue 1.7!)
- Issue 1.7
- Moral Absolutism:
Are the Commandments Moral Absolutes? (October
- Issue 1.6
- The banana trick,
and Something for theists to
think about. (August 1997)
- Issue 1.5
- It boils down
to faith, The
Wow! Factor, and Why not Faith?.
- Issue 1.4
- The Problem with
Salvation and a Question of
morals. (July 1997)
- Issue 1.3
- RFRA and you...
- Issue 1.2
- The Design Problem;
Is there a problem?; Know
god, know fear; Christians
vs. Death. (April 1997)
- Issue 1.1
- My first collection of thoughts: On
Goodness, My Quote, The
100% Problem, God and Hell,
The Problem with Faith, The
Missing Link, Random Thoughts,
My beliefs. (April 1997)
Letters to me:
- April 2003 - Daniel
- A friendly neighborhood Christian asks some questions.
- May 2003 - Dustin Jones
- With a first line like "I have met smart atheists and silly ones. You sir are just silly."
You've got to love it :-)
- May 2003 - Dustin Jones Strikes again
- A follow up to my reply.